Hello! Welcome to my blog where I post all things writing, books, fiction and poetry related. After leaving my job as a Secondary English Teacher, I decided to invest some time and energy into writing and reading.
I hate writing about myself, so I’m going to write in bullet points to make this easier.
- I’m from Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Recently married and absolutely nailing housewife life (sarcasm, I’m really not, send cookbooks, my poor husband)
- I write poetry and fiction
- I’m trying to read more (supported by my Good Reads account)
- Favourite book: The Ascent of Rum Doodle by W. E. Bowman
- Favourite poet: Wendy Cope
- Currently taking a Proofreading course and it’s as geeky as it sounds
I made this blog to help me develop as a writer and a competent millennial (mostly a writer but learning how to be more tech-savvy along the way can only be a positive). I’ll be posting my own writing, including poetry and short fiction so feel free to leave any constructive feedback. I will also be posting book reviews and including reviews from my Book Club (it’s just me and my sister meeting up for a coffee once a month currently, but you have to start somewhere). Hopefully one day these snippets will turn into a full manuscript but for now I will be trying to string a sentence together and eating my body weight in Jaffa Cakes.
I am also passionate about Mental Health Awareness – after working with young people, and through my own experiences, I believe we can all do more to talk about, normalise and de-stigmatise mental health issues. Some of my posts may deal with these topics which can hopefully contribute to the larger, global discussion on mental health in a positive way.
Thanks for reading this self-indulgence, please do subscribe for email updates to my blog (make sure to confirm it in your inbox once you do). You would be a truly wise and wonderful human for doing so!